My first attempt at nail art!

3:38 pm

Way back in 2012, I discovered nail art. I had always liked my nails being painted but had not considered how pretty they could be if they were not just a block colour.
So for my first attempt I tried galaxy nails, I'd seen a lot of photos on the internet of them and just fell in love. They were gorgeous!

As I did not have a sponge that could be used to make the gradient effect of the galaxy among the darkness, I used an eye shadow pad (you know one of those things you apply eye shadow with). I used a Miss Sporty Black, a 17 navy blue, a Barry M white, NYC pastel sparkly green, clear and glitter and a sparkle top coat from Collection 2000. The only ones that seem to have names are the sparkle top coat called 'Sparkle Top Coat', the NYC glittery one called 'Starry Silver Glitter' and the Barry M white called 'Matt Black', haha, I assume that was a mistake on the companies behalf. These are all pictured below.


White in 'Matt Black'
To start with I used a clear base coat. I then applied the black nail polish. I applied the navy nail polish to my eye shadow pad and patted it onto my black base to form a kind of oval shape. I repeated this with the white polish in the centre of the blue and then again with the green polish to soften the line between the white and blue. I added some large flecks of glitter, as nearby stars and a polish with tiny glitter specks as far away stars. To finish off I used a top coat to seal the design.





In my opinion, my right hand went so much better than the left. I suppose its because there's a lot more blue and a lot less white. But anyway, I thought this was really good considering it was my first attempt!

Thanks for reading, until next time!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment!